X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft

Airsoft Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  ChatroomChatroom  Help UsHelp Us  Contact UsContact Us  

starter rifles?

Go down 
+2
Admin
springgunner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
springgunner

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:57 am

any that are reccomended? I would perfer bolt action .22
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 am

Back to top Go down
https://xdisniperxx.forumotion.com
springgunner

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 am

cool thanks
i may have to spring for that
Back to top Go down
Eat My M4

Eat My M4

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 pm

The ruger 10/22 is a great choice.
Back to top Go down
soregz132

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:15 pm

I started out with a JG G3 but I wouldn't recommend anything heavy or powerful for your first gun.
Back to top Go down
Eat My M4

Eat My M4

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Tj.....were talking real steel here. Good try. Its Doug BTW
Back to top Go down
Kavurcen

Kavurcen

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm

I'm not a gun owner, so this is mostly hear-and-repeat, but every single person I've talked to has said the Ruger 10/22 is a great beginner's gun.

I have used it, though, and it is great. The action is really smooth, it has a nice (but pretty small) kick, and the Dragunov-ish stocks that they sell for them are great.
Back to top Go down
Eat My M4

Eat My M4

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

The 10/22 that I may or may not have may or may not be the 40th anniversery which may or may not be modeled after the M1A1 Carbine.
Back to top Go down
musashimyamoto

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: The first rifle you should own is a Russian SKS for several reasons   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Why a Russian rifle for a starter gun? well for one it was MY starter gun and I have nothing against it period. And before I start this let me make it VERY clear that I am talking about the Russian model SKS specifically not any Chinese type 56 or 57 or Yugo or anything like that I am talking specifically Russian now let me explain.

First the cost, I can sell you a rifle purchased from the soviet union itself for a little over 100 dollars, this might've increased a few dollars due to the Obama admin being in office but I'm sure it is'nt much,

The second and probably the most important of all is the cost of ammo, .22 ammo has been going through the roof for quite some time now its less than 5.56 but still sky rocketing and this is one of the reasons for the choice of the SKS which fires the 30 caliber, 7.62 x 39 corrosive or noncorrosive round. I bought a few days ago ex soviet ammo 600 rounds a box for a little over a 100 dollars a hell of a deal when compared to 600 rounds of 5.56 or 7mm.

Thirdly its so easy to use and so damn reliable that a child could use it (i was 9 when I first got it) and can be field stripped in less than 25 seconds even to an unexpericed handler of the rifle.

I have no problem with the choice of the 10/22 other than its a .22 and I believe when you train you should train with something a lil more realistic especially since most SKS's if not all of the Russian models have a bayonet and internal magazine well which you can replace with 30 and 50 round internal magazine wells to up the anty
Back to top Go down
Eat My M4

Eat My M4

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

I do not have an sks although i kinda want one. Of course being in New York i have to file down the bayonett attachment and GOD FORBID i have more then a 10 rd mag.
Back to top Go down
musashimyamoto

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: wow   starter rifles? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Eat My M4 wrote:
I do not have an sks although i kinda want one. Of course being in New York i have to file down the bayonett attachment and GOD FORBID i have more then a 10 rd mag.
LMAO omg you have no idea how crazy that is, you would have to get one that a gun smith had taken off the bayonet because on Russian models most ofthe time the bayonet is actually attached on there so a gun smith would have to take it off for you. And yea god forbid you to have anything cool on the gun at all period because remember kids a bayonet is much more dangerous than a 30 cal bullet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starter rifles? Empty
PostSubject: Re: starter rifles?   starter rifles? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starter rifles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft :: Real Steel Discussion-
Jump to: