X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft

Airsoft Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  ChatroomChatroom  Help UsHelp Us  Contact UsContact Us  

Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kavurcen

Kavurcen

Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Empty
PostSubject: Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography   Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello, I'm Kavurcen [kuv-err-sin], a.k.a. the guy who does all of the work around here. I'm 12 years old and live in Marin County, CA. I've been airsofting for around four years now, and I've developed a thorough love for the sport; from the awesome guns, to the amazing events and games, and even to the newbies who plague it. My obsession started at around the age of eight, when I began to play around with a little transparent springer, in the backyard with friends. I know many people may be thinking "OMG BAKYARD BATTLEZ!", but the majority of airsofters have started playing illegitimately, and the majority still do. Anyway, after a year or two my attention was brought to the dangers of "backyarding", and finally I resigned to playing only on friends' private and secluded property. With this I began probing slightly deeper into the airsoft world. I started googling and browsing around different sites. I have a very obsessive personality, and once I become interested in something, I dedicate every spare minute to it. Some time in early 2008, I went to a friend's birthday party (on a thirty acre plot of land), where he decided to give every single guest a UTG MK23 springer. In late 2007 I'd gone through a rough patch in which I lost interest in airsoft. But my strong love of free stuff helped to reignite my interest in the sport, and I started once again. On June 7, 2008, I joined ASF and finally became a part of the mainstream airsoft community. However I found the wealth of information, all sorts of guns, different retailers, and massive global community a bit overwhelming, and after a brief stay I moved on to another hobby, RC planes. My RC-ing was a complete train wreck (ordered a plane held together by rubber bands with a burned-out motor and a dead battery), so in late 2008 I finally dusted off my Big 5 paintball mask and returned to airsoft. At this point I experimented with several guns, including an M4 LPEG and various MPEG's (the most prominent of which was a CM028), before I finally blew the money I was supposed to be saving for an iPod Touch on a KSC G18c from eHobby Asia. I never intended to keep this gun (gassing it up and the gas spewing all over me on full auto freaked me out), but I knew it's discontinued...ness... would make it a worthwhile investment. I turned out to be completely wrong. No, just joking. It was an incredibly good decision. Within a week of owning it I received an offer to trade it for a like-new CA SLR105 A1, a.k.a. AK74M. It is my baby, and it is beautiful. I've had it ever since.

Last edited by Kavurcen on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ghillieman456

ghillieman456

PostSubject: Re: Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography   Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

we all understand about the whole "backyard" thing i think all of us has done it before. I remember i went to my friends house and he said we would go to and event, instead all we did was run around shooting each other for an hour because he cant plan an event.
Back to top Go down
http://dawnairsoft.webs.com/
nickrowe4584

PostSubject: Re: Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography   Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:17 am

lucky, you need a new dead tree ak though
Back to top Go down
Kavurcen

Kavurcen

PostSubject: Re: Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography   Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 am

ha ha, as soon as I sell my current one I'm going to get the CA SLR105 Compact
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography   Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kavurcen; an airsoft autobiography
Page 1 of 1