X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft

Airsoft Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  ChatroomChatroom  Help UsHelp Us  Contact UsContact Us  

Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AEGmaniac

Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Empty
PostSubject: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Kav showed me this forum, it's funny to see that a lot of people from ASF are on this forum. So, on with the review.
THIS IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME, BUT BY A PERSON WHO I KNOW FROM AIRSOFTING.

I picked up my Classic Army SAR Sportmatch M41 ES, which is CA's name for a G3A4 from Airsoft Extreme about a month ago. I have used it in two large events, and have done a whole lot of target shooting with it.

First Impressions:
My first impression of this gun was how rock solid it is externally. This gun, like most Classic Army "Proline" weapons is full metal.
Everything that is metal externally on the real HK G3A4 is metal on this weapon. Because of it being full metal, it also has a nice weight to it.
The weight is focused mostly in the body of the gun, which makes for a well weighted weapon as this is the center of the gun when the stock is fully extended. Also included on the body of the gun, on the right side near the magwell, are Schwaben Arms trademarks.

Included with the CA G3A4 is the AEG, a Classic Army 500 rd. hicap magazine, an extremely long clearing rod, a battery use manual, a gun use manual and a Classic Army 2007 catalogue. I would comment on the box, but who cares?

The reason I chose the A4 over the A3 is because I like the look, and maneuverability of the retractable stock.
The retractable stock is very solid. It does not feel like a retractable stock that will be prone to breaking (Such as some airsoft MP5A5s and 'A3s).
It also extends and retracts very smoothly out of the box, but will need to be oiled after time. After playing one game (with a lot of dust and loose dirt), I have already noticed a change in how smoothly and easily the stock extends and retracts. Silicon oil should do the trick.
The only disappointment I felt with the stock is the fact that it is only fully retracted or fully extended. It does not have multiple positions.
For me, this is not a big deal as I will only be using this replica in outdoor settings. However, if you are looking for a long-range CQB gun, this stock will not serve you well.

Something that may be a con to some people is that you must use small type batteries with this AEG. The fore grip of the gun is removed by removing a small pin from the front portion, near the front sight. One removed, the wiring is revealed. Installing the battery is relatively easy from this point on. You simply plug the battery in, slide the battery into the plastic foregrip, slide the foregrip back onto the the barrel assembly, and put the pin that holds the fore grip on back in place.

Another thing I noticed out of the box is the fact that this AEG has a plastic hopup. This may prove to be a weak part of the gun later on down the road.

Performance:
This gun shoots great stock. The gearbox runs very smoothly, and quietly on an 8.4 1400 MAH battery.
The FPS is 290-295 consistently with a Javelin .20g Biodegradable bb.
The rate of fire is decent with an 8.4 battery (approx. 700-800). With a 9.6 it is excellent (approx. 850-950). I keep my G3 on semi-auto only, so I cannot say how the ROF degrades as the battery life degrades.
The accuracy is incredible on this AEG. The iron sights are more or less dead on when the hop up is set properly. The range is also great out of the box. I set the hop up, and got this rifle shooting upwards of 140 ft with a .20g bb.
This rifle out ranges just about every AEG I have seen, in its stock form.

Durability:
Internal: So far I have had no errors internally. It still shoots beautifully after a few heavy uses.
External: This gun is rock solid externally. The metal body is very hefty, and gives a lot of protection to the internals of the gun.
I dropped this gun multiple times during a game with no consequences. The plastic hand guard and pistol grip are also very sturdy, and show no wear what-so-ever after use.

Magazine:
Included with this replica was a CA 500 rd. G3 hicap magazine. This magazine is constructed externally completely of metal (reservoir door excluded). The metal used is similar to that of the body of the weapon. I doubt I will have any problems with this magazine malfunctioning due to its hefty build quality. The wheel winds very easily, and it is very easy to wind while using this AEG.
I will be ditching the hicap magazine however, and picking up some CA G3 midcap magazines.

Accessories:
The Hicap magazine and the cleaning rod are the only accessories included with this AEG. However, there are tons of accessories that are compatible with this replica. There are scope mounts, hicap magazines, standard magazines, bipods, a full stock w/ cheek rest, and a retractable stock available for this gun from various retailers. Classic Army manufacturers all of these products, so they are compatible with the CA G3. I have no idea as to their compatibility with the Marui G3.

Appearance:

Whether looking at this gun from close up, or far away, it is truly a beautiful gun. If you love the look and feel of the G3, you will love this replica.
It sure drew a lot of attention on the field from a ton of players, partially because G3's are very uncommon in ****** county, and partially because it is a very nice looking weapon.

Overall:

9/10

9 because the battery can be somewhat of a pain to get into the gun. The rifle also only accepts small type batteries, which can be an inconvenience for large OPs or large games. However this is to be expected due to the retractable stock. Also the hopup is plastic, which so far has not been a problem, but I expect it to be at some point.

These few things set aside, this is an amazing rifle all around. Feel free to post up any questions or comments you may have.

Pictures:
Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) 11ce3jl
Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) 2n0uek1
Work in progress British Infantry impression FTW!
Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) 2hdcl1t
Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) 30atgll
(Notice the Socks)
Back to top Go down
Eat My M4

Eat My M4

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

I approve of this review. I do not approve of the small child holding the gun.
Back to top Go down
AEGmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Eat My M4 wrote:
I approve of this review. I do not approve of the small child holding the gun.
He's 15..... he just looks small in that picture, and also his hair makes him look small. He also is the one who wrote the review.
And off-topic, join the chat room.
Back to top Go down
Kavurcen

Kavurcen

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 pm

This review receives the official mark of approval.
Back to top Go down
AEGmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 pm

Cool. It was written by one of the guys who runs the games that we play at.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:43 am

Nice Basketball
Back to top Go down
https://xdisniperxx.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)   Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Army SAR Sportmatch G3A4(M41 ES)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X Di Sniper's Random Forum For Airsoft :: Reviews :: AEG/AEP Reviews-
Jump to: